This time of year is much about hibernation and reflection for me, when the day's are short, events are scarce and there's ice on the ground. I'm cooking dinner in homes, I am testing recipes, reading and planning out a few special events. I make a lot of spicy food, putting up big pots of broth a few times a week to keep my soup game strong, my frozen stash of summer fruit is looking bare by now. There is another good thing about January though, Dumplings! They never tasted so right as they do in the dead of winter and even here the possibilities are endless...
For a special bread order, perfect for entertaining, feasting or the most decadent sandwiches ever, order a wide loaf of Focaccia Bread fresh from the oven, feeds 6-40 people depending on its function. This bread is made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt and good flour. Baked in toppings can be requested, fresh garden herbs, nice semi soft cheeses, garlic, tomato, olives, dried fruit and seasonings.
This fantastic bread freezes well and makes stand up crostini and delicious, bread crumbs for all your European cooking needs and finishing of dishes. Sizes and prices will vary from a half batch to a double batch.
Email Zoe for inquiries email@example.com for other requests for seasonal fruit pies, and sweets.
In the height of a beautiful summer, here is what you can find in my weekly market haul.Welcome Table Farm, Hay Shaker Farm, Frog Hollow Farms, Castolidi's Sweet Onions, D & D produce are just a few of the Farmers that grow some of the goodies this week. Bon Appetit !
RHIZOME FEASTS IS NOW OFFERING APERTIVO PROVISIONS BY REQUEST ; )
However you refer to that special time of day during the summer when there is really nothing better than a cool drink and a few good bites to eat, its really designed to treat yourself at the end of the day and catch up with friends. Pinxtos or Raciones in Spain or Apertivo in Italy or Happy Hour here in the states it means good times..
For private gatherings, gallery openings, picnics and wine events, let Rhizome F + P prepare a bountiful board of seasonal spreads, preserves, cured and pickled market goodies, and freshly made bread. Perfect for pairing with those early evening beverages. Ideal for anyone concerned with getting back to "vivere la dolce vita.." ;)
Here is how it works:
1. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org for estimate on your head count & the budget in mind with a couple of days notice minimum.
2.I will follow up shortly with menu and drop off details. Upon arrival I will prepare the finished product with (an optional) simple demonstration on how to replenish and recreate the platter and keep the food looking fresh, clean and beautiful for multi day events or warm weather conditions.
3..Feel free to inquire about wine club snack packages and regular drop off arrangements.
How to host a Supper with Rhizome Feasts:
1. A host can fill the table with their own friends.
or open it up to a public guest list that you approve.
2. Head count can be based on the seats you have around the table/make shift tables.
Or it can be more of a casual feast for a larger group. Ideally no less than 12 including hosts.
3. The theme and menu is set by Chef (Zoe)
4. Menu is posted on social media and website and shared and any remaining seats are filled
5. Chef arrives a few hours prior to the meal to settle in to the host kitchen*
* I bring everything I need to cook and serve the food but I am well seasoned and comfortable in a new kitchen and find my way around in no time at all. I typically find a few items to borrow for preparation and presentation of the meal. Host can preset the table or get out the plates they would like to use if they have them or leave it to me. You can let me know ahead about how much dinner ware that I need to bring.
6. Guests bring whatever they would like to drink.
7. Payment: price is set per head and tickets are available on the website under the Tickets button, occasionally we offer a cash contribution price per head day of for certain events. Hosts eat free and are very much appreciated.